What a simply wonderful breakfast or snack, banana bread makes. This banana bread has a twist; it has peanut butter in it. But wait, it also has another special treat in it; mini peanut butter cups! So don't throw out those squishy bananas, make a treat that the whole family will love!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 bananas (make sure that they are nice and mushy)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I like to use crunchy)
- A handful (or two) of mini peanut butter cups (I got mine from Trader Joe's, and oh my gosh, wow!)
Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
Add the peanut butter, and stir until completely combined.
Stir in the flour 1/2 cup at a time.
Add the baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Mix in the peanut butter cups.
Melt the unsalted butter, and using a basting brush, evenly coat a pan.
Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with a mixture of 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Transfer the batter into a Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan or a glass bread pan.
Place the bread in the oven, and bake for 70 minutes.
What and easy and delicious treat!
~ Chef Megs