Friday, October 7, 2011

Game Day: Boneless Buffalo Wings With Buffalo Sauce


Pin It


Nothing goes better with watching a great game on t.v. quite like some nice and spicy buffalo wings.  These fantastic wings are battered with seasoned flour, then fried until they are golden and crispy, then covered in a homemade spicy buffalo sauce.


Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on how spicy you like your wings)
  • 1/2 teaspoon jarred garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 egg, beaten 
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Valentina, I found it in the isle with all of the hispanic food, it was nice and inexpensive too.  This makes making your own sauce so much more cost-effective than buying pre-made sauce.)
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • Oil for frying
Steps:

Cut the chicken into strips.


In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika.  Using a fork, make sure that all of the spices are mixed well.



In a small bowl, combine the egg, garlic, and milk.

Dip each chicken strip into the egg-wash, then coat it with the flour mixture.

Dip the floured chicken back into the egg-wash, then coat it with the flour again.

Place the battered chicken onto a platter, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.


In a deep fryer (I would suggest using a large Deep Fryer if you have it, we used a smaller one, and it took us quite some time.) heat oil to 375 degrees F.

Fry the battered chicken for 6 minutes.


Time to make the sauce!

In a small, microwave safe bowl, combine the hot sauce and unsalted butter.

Microwave for 1 minute then stir.  If the butter is not completely melted, microwave for an additional 30 seconds.

There ya' have it; wing sauce!  So incredibly easy to make!


Coat the fried chicken with the buffalo sauce.  I found the best way to do this is to put a few pieces of chicken in a tupperwear Containerwith some wing sauce, and shake until the chicken is evenly coated in sauce.

Place on a platter, and serve.

Serve these during the big game on Sunday, and you will be sure to score big!

Enjoy!
     ~ Chef Megs

Bonus: Chef Matt's serving suggestion for next day leftovers! 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

O nami nami:) Thsi looks sos succulent;))

TinaRBK said...

these look almost too good-the hard part will be preparing enough so you do not run out. Great post of the perfect football food-yum!

MunatyCooking said...

These look so good and crunchy, I think I'll make some today. Thanks for sharing the recipe ;)

Katherine Martinelli said...

Boneless buffalo wings are, I swear, some of my husband's favorite food!! I will have to make this for him, he will be so happy. Great recipe!

VegeCooking Club said...

Everything is better homemade! These look like they would be delish.

Lilly said...

Darn at first I thought you boned the wings yourself and though oh my what a work! But after seeing the chicken breast I knew you took a short cut =)
Your chicken bits look so crunchy and that sauce…JUM!

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

I tend to agree with Tina! You might run out. Sounds good!

ADMIN said...

YUM! Game day is up and almost everyone in America is tuning in to catch their favorite teams' matches. If you're green like me, then check out these useful tips on how to green your game day. I found this video tips on YouTube. http://youtu.be/bXCTr8b_FxA

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I so agree Dawn, everything is way better homemade! I was always taught to make everything myself, and whatever you do, don't show up to a party with store-bought anything.

Once you make these for yourself, you'll realize that you don't have to go to a wing-place for great wings.

~ Chef Megs

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! Definitely going to my faves to be tried soon.

Unknown said...

Re-visiting this post just makes me hungry for some buffalo wings. These were absolutely amazing, Matt and I are going to have to make some soon. Maybe for the up-coming super bowl.

Andrea said...

My mouth is watering. I have to try these. I would love to make this add them to a salad with blue cheese dressing. Oh yeah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...